"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spiderman!


Throughout the school year, each child has a week that is dedicated to them. They focus on that child and all the ways that make them special. This week Logan is star of the week! He gets to be the teachers helper, line leader, and they do special things throughout the week. There's a poster in his classroom with pictures of Logan and a mural that I helped Logan color and create, that talks all about Logan. We had a lot of fun doing that together! It was a fun mother and son moment. Yesterday, I surprised Logan and brought a "special"snack for the class. Spiderman Cupcakes!!! Logan was super surprised, and his friends were very excited too. Logan loves Spiderman! That's been his recent kick; aside from power rangers, so I thought it would be fun to bring Spiderman cupcakes. It was so fun to see all the kids smile with delight and enjoy gobbling up the cupcakes and leaving that extra blue and red icing behind on their faces. Logan was the envy of all the kids in that moment. But it was Logan's moment to shine. After all, this week he is star of the week. It was nice to be a part of making his week special. What was really awesome, was when the class told me that they had been praying for me to get better, and that God would heal me so I could come home from the hospital. And they recognized that God had answered their prayers, and their I was. :) Hard not to get a little teary eyed, knowing that a bunch of four and five year olds have been praying for me for several weeks. On Friday, Donny is going as a special guest to Logan's school and reading a book to the class during story time. I know Logan will think it is the coolest thing ever, that his daddy is reading to his class. I can't wait to hear about it! :)

1 comment:

Don said...

Absolutely awesome! So cool for Logan. And so cool for God to use all things for good, likeshowing 4-5 year-olds how prayer works.
Lord, give me that child-like faith. Love & prayers from VA. NanaPops