"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Monday, October 6, 2008

Down With The Dixon's

We had a nice restful weekend. I even felt well enough to get out of the house for the first time since being home from the hospital, and went to church with the family. It was probably a little much, but I'm glad I went. I had really been missing worship the last couple weeks while I have been in and out of the hospital. We had long list of things to get accomplished after church... but did not get to. I was in major pain and feeling sick after a long morning and had to take the rest of the day to recuperate. I felt much better this morning, (or afternoon, I should say, seeing that I slept in and did not really start my day till early afternoon) and have done pretty well all day. We got a couple things done and I'll have to get to the other things later this week. Big thanks to my hubby for getting the kids up and ready for school and bathed and ready for bed this evening. It's so nice to have him in town this week! I really do appreciate you Hun! More than you know. :) I know he will be ready for me to be back to full time mommy a.s.a.p., and I as well am looking forward to that. It really is hard for me to sit back and watch the kids be taken care of and not be the one involved. It's my God given job after all. Every once in a while I get spurts of energy and then I get really burned down. So as I know from experience it will take a while before I'll be back to full speed. I do however feel so much better health wise, and I'm thankful to have that health bump behind me. Now my concerns are much less trivial. I'm having fashion issues right now. My clothes just don't fit me. Well, at least not comfortably. Due to the surgical site I can't wear anything that buttons or zips or is tight around my waist. That pretty much eliminates most all my wardrobe. Except, for my pajama pants, sweatpants, and dresses. In other words, if you happen to see me about in the next couple weeks, I may just look like I am going to a slumber party, am headed to the gym, or am going to a funeral. Until next time... Goodnight and God Bless!!

2 comments:

Don said...

We and many others are praising the Lord for your continuing recovery and praying more. See you soon. NanaPops

Mom N' Dad said...

Liz,

I am glad to see that you are feeling better. I hope that you feel stronger each day and are able to do all the things you wish. I think we should all hang out more in our sweat pants and PJ's! That's my kind of fashion statement!