"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Thursday, October 9, 2008

ABC's and 123's

The quads are learning more and more each week. They have been in the new special education program for a month now, and already reaching and mastering developmental goals. There vocabulary is increasing and they are using simple sentences. They are responding, identifying, and participating in daily activities and directions. They are learning basic colors, numbers and shapes and will continue to work on these this year. Today I attended an ARD meeting where we discussed the objectives and goals that they will be working on for the rest of the school year. Hudson, Madison, Candice and Samantha will all continue to receive speech therapy services. While Hudson will also receive physical and occupational therapy. The quads have fit right in the classroom and are doing great with the other children. Madison in particular has really blossomed and seems to have won over the affection of the teachers. Apparently she really is a drama queen. Very expressive, very involved, and very interactive in each activity. In addition, I am told that Madison has very good recall, and picks up on things quickly. Candice works very on her own or with others, and is very interested in numbers. She may not tell you, but she knows how to count 1-10. That's just a little bit of what I was told today. Tomorrow is parent teacher conference for each of the quads, so we will get more specific about each child and how they are doing in the classroom. So stay tuned for more on our precious little foursome!

No comments: