"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Retreat...

According to Webster's dictionary retreat is listed as,


1 a (1): an act or process of withdrawing especially from what is difficult, dangerous, or disagreeable (2): the process of receding from a position or state attained b (1): the usually forced withdrawal of troops from an enemy or from an advanced position (2): a signal for retreating c (1): a signal given by bugle at the beginning of a military flag-lowering ceremony (2): a military flag-lowering ceremony2: a place of privacy or safety : refuge3: a period of group withdrawal for prayer, meditation, study, or instruction under a director


This weekend I am going on a women's retreat with our church. I can't wait! I have never been on a women's retreat. However, I grew up going to children's camps, mom/daughter conferences, father/daughter conferences, and many youth retreats, children's camps, and mission trips. However, I have not had the opportunity to share in the experience of a spiritual retreat with other women. My hearts is filled with great expectation as I prepare for this weekends women's retreat. Although, I don't know the schedule or the agenda or really what to expect (which is driving me crazy inside, cause I like to be prepared and know things in advance) I am letting go and letting God to his thing. I heard that saying a while back..."Let go, and let God." Don't know who said it, but what a great thought, and what a great action. I'm opening my heart to what God wants to say to me this weekend. I look forward hanging out with friends and making new friends. I'm ready to worship God with a bunch of awesome Christian women and hear from God through His word and His people. I look forward to sharing stories of great fun, play, laughs and tears when I return.

I am so thankful for each of the staff and volunteers who have dedicated their time and energy to make this retreat possible. And more than anything, I am thankful for my sweet, loving husband, who has given me this opportunity to get away for a couple days, free from mommy duty. Thank you GM friends! Thank you Donny!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

How rejuvenating!! I hope it's a great retreat for you!

So sorry to hear about FIVE sinus infections!!!! Aagh!!! Can't imagine!!! Sounds like you handle everything so well though.