"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't you just LOVE hospital gowns?!

I usally don't tend to get anxious or nervous about medical procedures. But for some reason I had been very emotional and nervous about it this time. Thanks to your prayers and support, all nervousness and weakness went away. God made Himself very present through our friends and family. My heart was touched by your words, prayers, hugs, and love. My surgery went VERY well yesterday. The doctors were able to do everything they needed to do, remove the cyst, save my ovary and do a little repair to some previous abdominal scaring. No complications. PTL! My colon was attached to my ovary so it could have been really bad. But, God gave perfect guidance to the doctors and answered our prayers. All previous pelvic and abdominal pain has gone away. They removed my catheter this morning, I got out of bed for the first time and had a small walk down the hall, and even got a quick shower in. I'm in much more surgical pain today, (to be expected) but I know that is just a part of the process. That pain will improve with time as the abdominal adhesion heals. I'll be here in the hospital again tonight. I should be able to be released sometime tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear everything went well and the previous pain has gone away. I will pray it STAYS away! Thinking about you girl! Hugs!

Mathis Family said...

We've been praying for you guys. It sounds like that this go around might have fixed some big issues. That's great! Take care and take it easy!