"I owe everything to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He has given me hope and continues to give me a future. I now know after so many trials in my life, that He does listen to me and He will answer my prayers. I no longer have to think about seeking Jesus, He is in my thoughts all day long. My heart knows my Savior’s voice. When He calls me to prayer, I obey. When I ask to sit with Him in counsel, He is always there. If it weren’t for the trials in my life I would never have developed the faith I have today. There is no longer any question, there is no longer the “Why is this happening”, there is only trust because my Father in heaven is always faithful and just."– Liz Dixon

Friday, August 7, 2009

Getting Lost In The Lord

Worship is a passion of mine. God, I believe, has placed it in all our hearts to be extraordinary worshipers. Worship is not always about the music...the song, the choir, the band, or the leaders. Worship is about turning our hearts to God letting Him transform us and lead us. It's about losing ourself in God and loving our God.


In the book "Extravagant Worship," Darlene Zshech speaks of worship in such true fashion. "Although music is a wonderful expression of worship, it is not itself the essence of it. The core of worship is when one's heart and soul, and all that is within, adores and connects with the Spirit of God." It is hard for me to remember that it is not always about the music, since I feel such an emotional connection to it. It's not about getting lost in the music, worship is about getting lost in the Lord.

Darlene Zshech goes on to say, Even if you are part of a worship team, your most glorious moments of worship would be off the platform when you are alone with God" Sure we are not all a part of a worship team, but what she is saying is true for all. As followers of Christ, we need to have some of most intimate moments with God, in worship, when we are alone with Him. We cannot forget our relationship with God and get caught up in a show we put on Sunday mornings. Worship is a lifestyle. It's a constant thing. It should never stop. "Worship involves the giving of ourselves totally to the Lord. Worship is a movement of our hearts, our thoughts, and our wills towards God's heart, thoughts, and will."